Welcome to the second installment in a series of resources from Yup’s Student Success Team! In this next white paper, we provide parents, teachers, and tutors with some handy responses to the all-too-common question, “why do I have to learn math anyway?”
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect from this Yup resource:
- Three specific and actionable responses you can share with your child or student when they question the importance of learning math
- A deep dive into how math helps build critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Examples of how math can set learners up to become more independent young adults
- How developing mastery and confidence in math can translate to other subjects and areas beyond academics
- The ways in which Yup’s math tutoring app supports the development of critical thinking, problem-solving, confidence, and empathy
Download and read the 6-page white paper now. All Yup resources for parents, their children, and educators are available for everyone, because we believe that high-quality and on-demand learning should be accessible to all. If you'd like to download our first white paper, Bringing empathy to the digital space through app-based tutoring, follow the link to do so!